Today we will discuss about Posts vs Pages.Firstly ,here you are in our blog entitled “7 keys differing posts from pages in wordpress ” and this belongs to post, while the link entitled ” http://www.oceanwebthemes.com/ ” is a page(Premium WordPress Themes page chosen as front page.
Generally,those information , which are generally not need to be changed are encapsulated as pages ,while, those which should be displayed according to date and might need to alter timely and after certain time should be omitted or archived are encapsulated as posts.So,we hear that pages depict body of websites and posts put life in websites.
Following 7 keys make sense how posts differ from pages.(Posts vs Pages)
- Posts have categories while pages don’t have categories.
- Posts have tags while pages don’t have tags.
- Posts are listed by dates while pages are not listed.
- Posts are also displayed in the RSS feed of the blog but we didn’t prefer to use page as RSS feed.
- Posts do not have template feature while pages have template feature.
- Posts do not have inherit relationship(hierarchy) with each other while pages have hierarchy.
- From point of SEO view,Posts give more valued than page as search engines place more relevance to time-dependent site content (i.e. posts)
Page layout (Source 2017 theme)
Post layout (Source 2017 theme)
Screens options features for post image(2017 theme)
Screens options features for page image(2017 theme)
Images depicted above might clarify the 7 keys differing posts from pages in wordpress in wordpress in some extent.To get more information about pages and posts ,See more at page definition and post definition accordingly.
Hopefully,you have enjoyed a lot and have accelerated your level of familiarity in pages and posts with their major differences too.